Sunday, January 14, 2007

We Lost Another

What a weekend this has been.

Friday night was the most bizarre. I went out to Dixon's with a group of people from work to celebrate (is that the right word?) the quitter leaving us. It's sad I will miss him... but he now belongs to the "other side".... if I didn't disslike Star Wars so much I would call it the "dark side". Oh well.

So the first weird this is that I saw my old production manager from my old job, which I left in 2004. Then later in the night I saw that he was sitting with one of the salesmen that used to visit us there. I couldn't remember the salesman's name, so I didn't go to see him, but before he showed up I talked to the other guy a while. He looks much less stressed than when I worked with him (I know I am a much happier person).

So when I got home, Peter was still out (he came home around 11:30 which sure shows up my 9:00), but it turns out that him and a couple friends were in the same pub. How does a husband and a wife end up in the same bar as each other and not notice each other... it's a mystery that will never be solved! Okay... maybe it could be solved, but I trust it won't be!

Yesterday, I think I must have been on Kryptonite or something. I did laundry, I baked cookies, I made chili (awesome chicken chili from Best of Bridge - I highly recommend), I worked out, I watched 1 and a half hockey games (yay the flames won! I'll even allow Vancouver to win when that happens.), and I did my homework. Technically the homework was done this morning, and the rest of my group is likely to think that I am on glue because I posted to the message board at 1.13 AM. But I felt like I was dropping the ball a bit this week in the group discussion.

So now I think I can take a fairly relaxing Sunday to finish off the weekend.

No comments: