Thursday, January 11, 2007

New job to apply for

So tomorrow I am going to apply for a new job.

This is a job for a different division of my same company, and it looks like I am pretty well qualified for it. It's kind of neat, it would involve a lot of travel to Northern Alberta (unfortunately no LA or London). But travel is something that doesn't seem to be that common in accounting positions, so I think that it might be fun.

I am now taking a operations management course. It is part of a Batchelor of Commerce degree, but offered through partnership with CGA, so it is only CGA students in my class. In our discussion we have been talking about our jobs, and it seems that I am one of the few at this level who is not in a supervisory role. I guess realization started me looking, and the timing of this posting couldn't be better.

So I have no idea if I will get the job or not, I try not to get my hopes up too much, but you never know unless you try. Wish me luck!

No comments: