Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The holidays past

So I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and the beginnings of a happy New Year!

It seemed I was busy - busy - busy! Today I went back to work and it took my half an hour to figure out what month and what year I was working in. First I tried Jan 2006, and then I tried Dec 2005... then I figured it out that Jan 2007 is now (weird hey), but what I was looking for was Dec 2006. You know you have been away from real life too long when you can't even figure that out. That was after I showed up to work half an hour late. Needless to say I am behind in my Year end duties.

Anyway, my Christmas holidays involved driving to Kelowna and then to Grand Forks the next day. Grand Forks was wonderfully relaxing. There was so much snow, and the deer seem to just hang out in my mom's yard. My sister didn't even freak out from the proximity to the wild animals (I think she felt safe being inside the house). Then we drove back to Kelowna on the 26th, and spent some time with my grandma and a couple mutual friends of Peter's and mine where we had a couple late nights of Clue and Skip-Bo. Then we came back to Calgary on the 29th. So it didn't end up being very long in either K-town or GF, but it was nice to see the family.

So what's in store for 2007? More homework, a trip to China... who knows what else. 2006 was sure an eye-opener!

No comments: