Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Secret: it works. maybe....

Yesterday Dave came to town and the 3 of us went climbing at the gym. Peter and I were planning to go anyway, but it was nice to have Dave because he really helped me push myself. It's great to see someone who can do so much. It makes me want to spend every waking moment climbing walls. Tomorrow we plan on going out to Canmore to a "real" mountain. It should be fun since I now have the proper equipment I can get off the ground without fear of falling.

So after climbing, we drove past the theatre and discussed the new Spiderman 3 movie that opened that day. We decided we would play it by fate and if it happened to be starting when we got out from diner, we would go see it, but only if there wasn't a stupid long line up. Dave and I talked about The Secret and the power of positive thinking. We took our time at dinner, and basically forgot all about Spiderman.

After diner, we drove past the theatre again, got a parking spot RIGHT in front, and walked right in. The lobby was empty and the sign said Spiderman started at 11:00. It was 11:05. There was no problem getting tickets, and in the theatre, there were only about 10 people... on OPENING night!

Anyway, I think I would have been disappointed if I had stood in line. There wasn't enough action. If I go see a movie like that, I don't care about the cheesy love story bit. Sure I respect its necessity, but less of it and more of the superhero bit would be welcome. The 'evil' Superman could have been done so much better!

The power of positive thinking did not work on Second Cup still being open before we went into the movie, however!

No comments: