Saturday, May 19, 2007

Emo, I admit it, I love it!


I ended up in the front row on the floor at the My Chemical Romance concert last night... and Wow! They put on a great show.

We were about the oldest people there other than the parents who brought their children, but that was okay, Natasha and I fully embraced it. Derek seemed to enjoy it, and Peter endured it. It was a fluke that we ended up with the seats we did. I had looked at tickets some time ago, and nothing too close was available. Then yesterday, the day of the concert, these tickets just magically appeared. It was all meant to be!

The opening band was something to be desired (though Peter actually seemed to) I didn't bother getting their name, but I think it was something like "The Blood". I didn't got here to see/hear death metal, and with the PA system right in front of us, had to leave for most of their performance.

My Chemical Romance had so much energy and they had great theatrics. Gerard came out in a hospital gurney and looked all dead. I think they also give a really good message to the youth of today. They seem to want to get through to the outcast/loner kids. If these kids can hear this message, maybe there will be less Columbine/Virginia Tech type incidents.

No comments: