Sunday, May 27, 2007

Garage sale gone horribly wrong

I went up to Natasha's yesterday to try and hock my junk at her garage sale. There was a parade of garage sales in the Mackenzie Town/Copperfield area, but Natasha's was the only one on her block. Now from having some of my own garage sale-ing experience, I know that people do not tend to bother with streets that only have one sale during such parades... not worth their while. So needless to say, or traffic was slow.

I sold a DVD player and some plastic Disney glasses and an old car amplifier. And I managed to raise $20 for MS through the cookies Natasha and I baked Friday night... but all in all, I did not manage to make enough money to cover Peter's and my spending att he Children's Miracle Network fundraiser that we went to for dinner. We ended up walking away from that with 4 new cookbooks (all with healthy new ideas to try) and a jersey signed by all the Calgary Flames (is that cool, or what?).

So, I made $43 at the garage sale (excluding the MS money) and spent $420 on bringing more stuff into our house... but it’s for a good cause right?

If you would like to sponsor me in my Walk for MS next Saturday, please do so here:
https://msors.mssociety.ca/walk2007/Sponsor.aspx?L=2&PID=938481

No comments: