Friday, April 27, 2007

Good-by beloved contacts, hello adventure

If all goes well, today is my last day of wesring contact lenses. I can't believe the day has finally came. I've worn them about half my life, but I don't think I will miss them.

If all goes well, today is my last day of wearing contact lenses. I can't believe the day has finally came. I've worn them about half my life, but I don't think I will miss them.

On another note, I realized today that I think I am having some sort of early mid life crisis. 27 has always seemed like such an important age to me, that I think I just feel like I have to get out there and do everything. That is probably what is behind the idea of trekking through China.

I also have started rock climbing. Well, climbing walls in the gym that have plastic hand-holds screwed on. A couple weekends ago we went out to White Buda in Kananaskis, but didn't have a rope, so only did a bit of bouldering. Yesterday I went to the climbing gym and really badly want to go again (but my arms hurt a bit, so I will wait a day or two). It's very exhilarating to climb up so high and yet be relatively secure (importance of trust in your belayer).

So all in all, who cares if I am having a mini breakdown, at least I am having some fun and putting a little adventure in my life. Must get the adventure in before I become a full fledged accountant... because everyone knows accountants aren't allowed to have fun :)

No comments: